For you brave and ambitious people that are taking on the dual role of both business owner and SEO Specialist, I congratulate you for your courageousness. As you probably are finding out, SEO is a complicated beast, with many layers and contingencies to it. Taking a crash course on optimizing your website for search engines is NOT for the faint at heart. 🙂
Here are 5 techniques that you can implement that will increase your organic traffic over time if done correctly:
- Take a hard look at what is working for your competitors – This is step 1 of SEO 101. You basically want to reverse-engineer what your competition is doing successfully. Take a look at their product or service page content, their content marketing campaign, and their backlink portfolio, and replicate it to the best of your ability.
- Start low, then slowly aim high- Many people (experienced SEOs included) make the mistake of immediately targeting the high-volume searches related to their business instead of starting with the smaller ones first. Research all of the keywords related to your niche, then target the low-volume searches and slowly work your way up the keyword ladder.
- Revise old content – To put it bluntly, Google HATES stale, inaccurate content. Take the time to update your existing content so it is fresh and current.
- Research where you are lagging with regard to topical authority content – In simple terms: what topics are your competitors covering that you are not? Take note of these topics where you are falling short, and create articles that revolve around them so you can help Google see you as an expert in your industry.
- Connect the dots for Google with content silos – When creating articles around a specific product or service, make sure to link that article back to the target page AND the other related articles when natural. For example: Let’s say that you are an accident attorney in Fresno. You may want to create articles on subtopics like:
- When to Call a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- 5 Reasons to Hire an Automobile Accident Attorney
- How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Fresno Accident Attorney?
- Qualifications to Look For when Researching Accident Attorneys
Once you create these articles, you will want to link them to your main target page (in this case, your Accident Attorney page) using a phrase related to accident attorney fresno (accident attorney, attorney in Fresno, accident attorney in Fresno, etc.) as your anchor text (the text that links to another page).
Don’t have the time, patience, or desire to organize and implement your own SEO campaign? LET US HELP!
⇒ Click here to request a free, no-obligation breakdown of your website’s weaknesses and opportunities.
Extremely easy to work with, and quick turnaround time. We are already seeing a steady increase in traffic. Thank you for your hard work and professionalism.
You can’t go wrong. If you’re looking for someone to put in the work for you and actually return calls, texts, and emails, then this company is the one. I spent time with 4 other Fresno SEO companies and half of them seemed either not interested or charged double of what Bryan is charging. Bryan and his company are worth every penny just give him time and let him work his magic.
I have been a customer for several years. It takes time to get great SEO results. Right now my results are doing very well. Bryan is incredibly responsive and the quality of work is exceptional and I consistently refer clients to them for their seo skills. I recommend working with Proactive for people who want to be treated with respect, listened to, and supported in ways that will truly help with your Internet marketing.
We have been using Proactive Online Marketing since August of 2012 and have seen tremendous results. Instead of wasting time and money trying to do it ourselves, we called them to take care of it and never looked back. We don’t have to deal with any of the hassles of trying to keep up our SEO, we just let Bryan maintain it so we can focus on other things. For the best price and local hands-on service for your search engine optimization and web marketing, call Bryan!
I can’t believe the impact Proactive Online Marketing has made to our business. We’ve cancelled our local advertising and saved money while gaining a lot more business in the process. We currently get about 90% of our new business from Google.
Bryan Halverson is the Owner of Proactive Online Marketing, an SEO-focused Digital Marketing Agency that covers the Central Valley and beyond. For any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted by Bryan Halverson
- On October 7, 2022
- 0 Comment